Thursday, January 29, 2009

Reflections -- Nora

It is DAY 4! January 20, 2009

WOW...like I don't even know where to start! I feel as if I have to be very strategic with the words I pick through out all these entries, considering there are not many word to describe how I'm feeling.

Okay our day started quite early. We slept at NANA'S house and after a long night of forage through the infamous Uncle TONY'S paraphernalia! lol, I just learned that word, it pretty much means a whole lot of ! Ha!Ha! LOVE IT...But yea as I was saying, this morning was actually one of the better days with the weather and it is the DAY OF THE INAUGURATION. Our original plan was to march with the students of Howard University, but after a long night we woke up too late. But you know how everyone says everything happens for a reason.

Well good thing we woke up late because we would not have had the amazing experience of watching the INAUGURATION from the Crampton Theatre at the university with many students and parents. We met some very nice people, that were very welcoming, such as Victoria and Dr. Carr. The energy in the room was astounding. I felt at hoe. The feeling of being in the same room as hundreds of people that are there for the same reason as you is incredible. As CNN live addressed the inauguration, it was on a BIGGG! Screen TV. for us.

The energy in the room started to build up as we saw the most recent president come out. Then FINALLY, the one we were waiting for. BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA!!!!! Mao to explain how the room felt and the energy, is beyond words. It started off extremely loud. Just IMAGINE!!! Soon after everyone was quiet, I guess they were trying to take it all in that it was actually happening. If someone was to walk in at that moment, they would truly feel the energy instantly.

THE TIME FINALLY CAME. As soon as he stepped on those stairs and came down to deliver his speech, WOW! Watching the MILLIONS of people all there and the people in our cozy auditorium, I felt as if we were all one and nothing in the world could break this sense of unity.

As OBAMA was delivering his speech, chills went running up and down my back. TEARS of JOY, SUCCESS and HOPE ran down the eyes of the elderly and the young. Although my time in WASHINGTON DC was UNFATHOMABLE, I would have to say this moment was the most precious and the hardest to describe!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy to be here right now and I wouldn't trade it for the world. With a new year comes GREATNESS!!