Tuesday, April 19, 2016

AFUA Chronicles - Zombie of My Week



And the week moves on like all of the rest.  It starts always with Reluctant Mondays.  By Tuesday, reluctance turns into duty.  By Wednesday, duty becomes a pattern of praying to reach Friday.  Thursdays are officially "Sleepwalk Day" with a heavy dose of "Lawrd, I hope I make it to Friday".  Fridays are straight coma, act on survival instinct that says, "Don't get got today so you can get outta here"!  RESET Saturday/Sunday. Repeat the above.

If I think consciously about the week, I'm frequent struck by how quickly the week gets to Thursday which by above definition is really my Friday.  I even like to "go hard" on a Thursday night because come to work blurry on a Friday works when every one's thrown out their chute since Thursday anyway.  

When all the weekdays add up to school years which then translate into a career -- all just measurements of time lost.  It's been a journey with benefits all while enduring the torture of regularity, predictability, and repetition.  If this feeling is the discomfort created to keep me conscious to being prepared to do something else - IT'S WORKING! Some days it doesn't even seem to make sense to give effort to a world set up like this.  The comfort of it literally means death therefore the discomfort might provide LIFE to a new opportunity for my time.......