Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Why Do I Play Phoenix Basketball? - A Converstation with Veterans!

Toshoy Gaza-more.: Why are people telling kids bullshit about our program? One kid said he doesn't want to play phoenix because of the coaches that's where I lost it
** Jun 7 Mon 20:20 **
Afua: No worries! Their minds are poisoned and this program is not for the ordinary or the regular. Racism is real and it's all good! No fight needed. We know what's real.
** Jun 7 Mon 20:24 **
Afua: Why I coach and who I coach is deeper then the game and that's why some folks can't hear the message. Those we impact, are impacted in the place where it's important - LIFE!
** Jun 7 Mon 20:26 **
Afua: Fight the Power. T, those folks are stupid and they get me pissed like that too. Sometimes I don't understand why people can't see ME! But in the end, those who need to see, SEE!
** Jun 7 Mon 20:34 **
Toshoy Gaza-more.: Reality will hit some people in the hardest way when they are old enough realize what's really going on.
** Jun 7 Mon 20:36 **
Afua: I have to store my patience. That's why I want you to come to he Summit. A different space and a different way of being that reminds me every year to live my vision fulfilled. Those folks don't have vision and when challenged there, they are scared of me because I'm a reflection of what they most fear - THEMSELVES. I'm hitting you there and then the 2nd punch is straight to the gut in the form of a 6 foot 7 inch man who aint scared!
** Jun 7 Mon 20:48 **
Toshoy Gaza-more.: I will love to attend the Summit. This is in August right?
** Jun 7 Mon 20:53 **
Afua: Yes!
** Jun 7 Mon 20:56 **
Gary- Stimulas Strategies: Yeh dude I recommend u go to a summit. Big time. Some of the most important steps I had to take seemed easy cuz of being in the summit space!
** Jun 7 Mon 21:01 **
Toshoy Gaza-more.: Alright
** Jun 7 Mon 21:01 **

Afua: Based on our discussion from yesterday, this is why the Phoenix program is important for the people it's important to. Coach Dub and I see the world for the black athlete through a different lens. Although our way isn't the only way, I'm very well aware of what additional drama can be caused by the others. We don't always get it right. We don't always win. We don't always lose. Honest Intention + Sharing Your Vision + Engaging the Right People = Successful Momentum!
** Jun 8 Tue 10:37 **
Toshoy Gaza-more.: Fascinating. That's when you know you have impacted someone's life.
** Jun 8 Tue 10:43 **
Afua: Impacting lives through basketball. Finding your life's purpose through sport. Worked for me and worked for Coach Dub. We merely give some of what we got plus most of what we missed!
** Jun 8 Tue 10:53 **
Afua: Typically, the guys who have dropped out or who can never come are the guys who are most afraid of what we are offering - an opportunity for them to see their authentic selves! That's why this is not for the ordinary or the weak. So go to Guardsman, go the Next Level. We want more then just "players". We want people who will use what they learn here for a lifetime!
** Jun 8 Tue 11:00 **
Gary- Stimulas Strategies: Amen to that...I can and do talk for days about the phx program. And when I do talk about phx basketball is 33%.
** Jun 8 Tue 11:01 **
Bruh: Let's not even get me started bout phx G..
** Jun 8 Tue 11:02 **
Gary- Stimulas Strategies: How about fitting young men with the tools to thrive in academia, thrive in the corporate world, understand the importance of optimizing our contribution to our selves, family, community, and intellectual capacity and leisure?
** Jun 8 Tue 11:03 **
Gary- Stimulas Strategies: It teaches balance, vision, moral ideals and edicts, team work, passion, fundamentally the bare necessities of life.
** Jun 8 Tue 11:34 **